What is a gastric banding surgery?
Laparoscopic gastric banding is a surgical treatment for obesity that reduces the stomach size by making it feel full with lesser food quantity; it involves the placement of an inflatable band around the stomach top. Also referred to as lap-band, the procedure falls under bariatric (obesity) surgeries. The latter involves realize-band surgery, which ensures the patient’s safety and comfort as it is designed to achieve gradual results and aims to minimize stretching. Similar to lap-band, realize-band is placed on the stomach to suppress hunger, and both are reversible.
Gastric band surgery: who should have it?
Gastric surgery is to be recommended, solely, for people with severe obesity. This means when the body mass index (BMI) is thirty-five or above, or over thirty in case of other obesity-related problems, such as hypertension, diabetes, or sleep apnea.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Gastric banding cost in Tunisia:
The cost of gastric banding in Tunisia is 70% lesser than in the United Kingdom.
|Operations||Our price||UK price||Making you save|
|Gastric band cost||£ 3300||£ 6000||45 %|
- The average pricing in the United Kingdom is £ 6000; solely including anaesthesia, operating room facilities, and surgeon’s fees.
- The cost of gastric band in Tunisia is £ 3300; all-inclusive with a recovery stay at a five-star hotel, a chance to explore our exotic Tunisia, and a dedicated assistance team by your side.
It is all the same important to note that the low price of cosmetic surgery in Tunisia is due to the cheaper cost of living, the currency exchange rate, tax laws, and lower insurance cost payment on the part of Tunisian doctors[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Gastric band in Tunisia
|Operations||Anaesthetic||Procedure Time||Hospital Stay||Stay In Tunisia||Back To Work||All Inclusive Price|
|Gastric band||General||1:30-2:30 hour(s)||2 night(s)||5 night(s)||7-10 day(s)||3300 €|
Benefits of gastric banding operation:
Lap-band is a surgery that is quick, minimally invasive, reversible, and adjustable. It also reduces the stomach size and in turn food intake. More advantages of laparoscopic gastric banding involve potential long-term weight loss, rapid recovery, and a smaller likelihood of wound infections and hernias (organ displacement) after surgery. They also encompass lesser risks of overweight-related diseases such as diabetes, high blood pressure, and loss of bladder control. Gastric surgery guarantees the continuity of nutrient absorption and contributes to the improvement of life quality.
How is gastric banding surgery in Tunisia performed?
During the initial consultation, the surgeon will examine and measure the patient’s body, review their medical history, do a physical exam, and take photographs for medical records. The surgeon will also discuss the patient’s options and understanding of all surgery aspects, recommend a course of treatment, and inform the patient of likely outcomes of gastric banding surgery and any risks or potential complications. The patient should abstain from eating from midnight of the day prior to the surgery.
Gastric banding is performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia. It is estimated to last for one to two hours.
There are two types of gastric banding procedures:
- Multi-port laparoscopic surgery: The surgeon makes between one and five small surgical cuts in the abdomen, also called keyhole incisions. The surgeon will use a laparoscope. They will work on stapling the stomach in order to reduce it, then attaches it directly into the small intestine.
- Laparoscopic surgery: performed through one single incision that creates a port under the skin of the abdomen. It involves placing a silicone band around the stomach’s upper part and the band tube gets access through the port. The surgeon injects a saline solution into the band, inflating it through that port. Adjustments are to be made to alter the constriction degree around the stomach. The band then creates a small stomach pouch above it leaving the rest of the stomach below.
Scars related to gastric banding:
Gastric Banding scars will appear according to how the procedure is performed:
- If it is performed through single-incision laparoscopic surgery, the patient will have one small scar hidden in the belly button.
- If the patient undergoes multi-port laparoscopic surgery, they will have four to five scars across the abdomen.
- If open surgery is necessary, the patient will be left with a large scar across the abdomen.
Post-operative effects and recovery after gastric banding:
Most patients can resume normal activities after two days, but a week off work may be needed. For up to six weeks after surgery, the patient is required to follow a strict diet that includes liquids only, along with the gradual reintroduction of soft foods, such as yogurt and pureed vegetables. After that, the patient can resume a normal diet. These instructions reduce and limit food intake and absorption of calories.[/vc_column_text][vc_column_text]
Results of gastric banding:
Gastric surgery results in about thirty-five to forty-five percent of excess weight loss, with wide variations, with wide variations. This bariatric surgical procedure is considered to be the safest and least invasive weight-loss surgery. It contributes to the improvement of overweight-related conditions, like diabetes. The procedure can be reversed if needed, and in time, the stomach generally returns to its normal size
Learn more about bariatric procedures: